Calendly automatically detected your time zone when you created your account with them. Unfortunately, The default account settings enable the same detection feature when your Smith.ai virtual receptionist schedules an event for you, and books the event in the detected time zone. This can lead to confusion, missed appointments, and ultimately client dissatisfaction.
Example: if you're in Pennsylvania (US Eastern time) and are available for a meeting at 12 PM Eastern, but the receptionist that books that appointment is in California (US Pacific time), by default the calendar will show your availability in Pacific time.This may lead your receptionist to unintentionally schedule your 12 PM event at 9 AM.
No need to worry, there is an easy way to avoid potential mistakes and confusion by following three easy steps to change the time zone auto-detect setting on your account.
Setting your calendar to a specific time zone
1. From your “Event Types” page, choose the event type you'll be updating and click "Edit." Under the Availability section, you’ll see your account’s default time zone. Click the gear icon to open the drop-down menu of all time zones.
2. Toggle to the “Specific time zone” option and select your preferred zone.
3. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page, and that's it! All invitees will now view this event type in your manually selected time zone by default, eliminating confusion for you, your clients, and your Smith.ai receptionists
In summary, you’ll have to:
1. Log in to your Calendly account and click on each event (15 mins, 30 mins, 60 mins, ...)
2. For each event, click on the "When can people book this event?" box
3. Find the setting "Your account is set to…” (e.g. Eastern Time - US & Canada, Central Time - US & Canada)
4. Click on the blue link and choose the second radio button.
If you are having trouble changing the time zone settings for Calendly, or have general questions about integrating your calendar with Smith.ai's intelligent software please reach out to us at email@example.com.