ActiveCampaign is a CRM built for small businesses, offering tools for both contact record management and marketing and sales automation.
Smith.ai now integrates with ActiveCampaign so callers' contact information and post-call summaries are logged in your records instantly after each call. New contacts are added and existing contacts are updated, with full transparency that these activities came from Smith.ai. It's just another way Smith.ai is making your small business more efficient by automating processes that otherwise would result in time-consuming copy-and-paste tasks.
Below, we explain how the integration works and a few simple steps for connecting your accounts.
How the ActiveCampaign + Smith.ai integration works
When your ActiveCampaign account is connected to Smith.ai, our receptionists can:
- Create a new contact with the name, phone, and email address
- Update an existing contact (as long as a valid email is provided)
- Add a call summary to the contact's Notes
A contact record that is created or updated by a receptionist after a call will appear in your account like the screenshot below. Check out how the call summary appears in the contact's Notes section. The activity is also logged on the right side of the screen, and you'll see new activities appear any time a contact is updated or notes are added. These activities will be attributed to the "Smith" user.
How to connect your ActiveCampaign account to Smith.ai
If you're already an ActiveCampaign user, getting started is simple:
Log in to your Active Campaign account.
Go to Settings, and then click on "Developer."
- Under "API Access," copy the URL and Key and paste them into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "ActiveCampaign Integration."
- That's it! We'll let you know as soon as the integration is complete, typically within 1 business day. Once your accounts are linked, you'll see ActiveCampaign contacts and call summaries added and updated by your receptionists after each call.
Please note: CRM integration is an optional add-on service and will incur an extra fee. View current pricing for this and all other add-on services.
Contact Smith.ai for assistance
Not sure how you can best leverage the ActiveCampaign integration with your Smith.ai receptionists? We're happy to discuss implementation options and best practices. Please reach Smith.ai Support Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm PST / 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST via phone at (650) 727-6484 or via email at email@example.com.